April 14, 2014

Awkward and Awesome

I decided to do an awkward and awesome post! Enjoy!

Awesome: Waking up to the call (and smell) of hot pancakes! On a weekday too!!!

Awkward: Going to sleep, and after having a rather creepy thought, the extremely strong wind howls and sounds like thunder... That was slightly scary.

Awesome: Watching Dad give a bunch of little girls instructions about tea parties. He was telling them to crook their pinkies! It was so funny!!!

Awkward: I went to look for a new pair of glasses. I hand the lady my prescription, she glances at it and exclaims, "So, basically, you have one eye that's really bad, and one that's not really bad at all." Gee, thanks. Doesn't everybody want to hear that! (I'm being sarcastic here...)  'You have one eye that's really bad.'

Awkward: Later, after Mom said something about getting new glasses for herself, the lady asked Mom, "Do you have bifocals yet?" ...Wow. Need I say more....

Awesome: Going to a birds of prey presentation, and learning all sorts of cool things!

Awkward: Having one of the said birds do it's 'business' less than a yard away from me.

Awesome: When the guy giving the presentation mention Despicable Me, by referring to one of the birds.. "It's so fluffy!!!!!!"

Awkward: Well..... How do I put this.. Apparently, the water bottle that I pulled out of the fridge at church had a hole in the bottom of it... I found this out after it had leaked all over Dad's sermon notes, and after worship had started, leading me to turn around and walk off the stage (right after walking onto it..), grab my dripping water bottle, and carry it away, during the first song of worship.

Awesome: Going to watch a five year old, and being told within the first 5 minutes, that I was the 'best babysitter ever.' (heart melts)

Awesome: Then being told later in the week by his grandfather, that apparently I had a new friend, because the little boy wouldn't stop talking about me after I left! (any bit of my heart that's left, melts)

Awesome: Getting to spend a whole week with my Grandma and Aunt!!!! First time we've seen family since we've moved!

Awkward: Driving in the car with my aunt who was in a really friendly mood, and decided to wave to every person and car that passed... It was awkward, but funny too. Love you!!!

Awkward: Watching my afore-mentioned aunt skip along the sidewalk to the car. (By the way... I may have possibly skipped along with her at a later time during the day. Maybe I did. Maybe I didn't.)

Awesome: Getting my drivers license!!!

Awkward: People asking me if I've driven anywhere by myself yet, and having to answer, "No." Because I'm not added to the insurance yet. :)

Awesome: Little Sis lying behind me with her arms wrapped around my waist. And then seeing her wonderful, huge, gorgeous, smile after she read the first sentence. ;) Love you!

Awkward: Realizing that Little Sis is wearing socks that I remember wearing a few years ago....

Awesome: Seeing prairie dogs for the first time!!!! They. Are. So. Cute!!!!!!

Awesome: Getting a bunch of jobs/job offers! Some of which are once (for example, babysitting)  and others are/will be on going!

Awesome: Reading a book to the girls at Bible study, and as soon as I finished the chapter, they all look up at me, "READ MORE!"

Awkward: Having a sore throat while reading the afore-mentioned book to the afore-mentioned girls, therefore having to stop, because I couldn't keep talking! :( Okay, not so much awkward as painful...





3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting your driver's license! Clear the road, y'all...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, ha! Thanks! And Ha. Ha. Thanks. :)

      Delete
    2. I hope that made sense... I tend to forget that vocal tones don't show through the written word.. ;)

      Delete