August 10, 2013

Fashion Advice

Have you ever felt uncomfortable in your clothes? Have you ever tried to find your own style?

Brigid, one of the sisters from the boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com blog has. She's done some research, and decided to put together a series of blog posts about finding  your style, what looks good on you or not, and changing your wardrobe with out dumping it all into the trashcan.

I was originally going to post this last week, talking about her second post in the series. I especially gained insight and knowledge from the color test. Humorously, most of the colors I supposedly look 'great' in, are colors that I already own! By the way, I think I figured out I was Clear Winter.

To make things complicated though (for me), Brigid had already posted the next post in the series, and I felt that I couldn't focus entirely on the first post without at least mentioning the second, and only mentioning the second just didn't seem fair.

The second post really helped me though. I was originally going to post this:
" The first shape site helped me the most. I wasn't in the second, and the third one kind of confused me. I think I am a mix between a pear and a hourglass."
And honestly, I really was confused by all of them. Brigid's second post had a link to a different blog, in which the author basically didn't really care what her shape was. She made the point that in order to 'dress to fit your shape' you really are dressing immodestly. While wearing or avoiding a certain color enhances your facial features, wearing a certain style (as we all well know) can sometimes enhance certain other features, that really don't need to be enhanced.

I still really liked the part about color, and I still am looking forward to Brigid's next post in the series, I just also wanted to stress the fact that we, as women, and even as human beings in general, don't have to follow the fashionistas, the trend-setters, the people who decide what's cool or not, because of what they say. God created us. Gad made us. God decides what's cool. What's hip. What's stylish. What's trendy. Now, I'm NOT saying that God would want us to wear frumpy bags of burlap!  Just as we are God's creation, so is the earth. God told Adam to take care of the earth, to harvest and weed, to keep it beautiful. We are the temple of God, how much more does He want us to look beautiful? Who wants to go into a temple that's drab and dusty, and dirty? NOT ME!!!

My point is, just as God doesn't want us to dress immodestly, He also doesn't want us to dress sloppily. It's okay for us to put on some jewelry, or makeup, or wear some fancy clothes. As long as God is the focus, not us.

So, since I'm finally done putting in my two-cents, here's the link to Brigid's first post.

http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2013/07/finding-your-style-color-shape-resources.html

I definitely like the last color test better, as the other ones were just too intense, and I was so confused with them, I had no idea why I was even doing the test:) And I think I figured out I'm Clear Winter.

And here's the link to her second post.

http://boyerfamilysingers.blogspot.com/2013/08/finding-your-style-color-shape.html

I hope you all enjoy! If you decide to find out what you are, I'd love to know! Feel free share what you think about this fashion advice!

Love,
Rebekah




2 comments: